Friday, December 3, 2010

My Neighborhood - by Bin





I live in an apartment in Tacoma. It is in a convenient quiet neighborhood. Three months ago,I moved here from New York with my family. My mother rented an apartment to live in. There are two bedrooms and one bathroom in my apartment. It is bright and comfortable. The most important thing is that the apartment is very close to the restaurant my mother works in. Sometimes I do a part-time job in the restaurant.

There are a lot of different kinds of people that live there. They come from Mexico, India, China and so on. When it is sunny, you can see children running here and there. Usually,I think it is so noisy to live here. I can hear the noise outside all the time. Cars drive back and forth. The neighbors go up and down. Babies laugh and cry. When I was asleep in my warm bed,at six o'clock in the morning,I heard something hit my wall suddenly. I jumped up and sat on my bed,and never fell asleep again. I could not have a good rest!

In spite of that, I like living here. The rent is very cheap and the apartment is capacious. My family can live here together. That makes me feel safe and secure.

A girl her name is Bin, lives here too. Her home is very close to mine. We have the same name. It is the same sound, but spelled differently. Bin is ten-years old. Her parents work in the restaurant too. She often waits for her parents in the restaurant. The people that work there all come from China. They are like a family. We all like Bin. She often comes to my home to play with me and my brother. She is cute and childish, and makes me feel happy.

Altogether, I like the neighborhood here. Every coin has two sides. Whatever the facts are good or bad, we must have an positive attitude to face them. I will have a good memory about living here.

Bin is a  friendly and outgoing 21 year old student from China. In her country, she attended the first year of university. She is currently taking ESL classes in a transitional education program and hopes to apply for regular college classes soon. Bin speaks Chinese and English, and she enjoys studying English as well as Korean. Some of her hobbies are listening to music and playing computer games. Bin loves the weather here in the Pacific Northwest.

No comments: