Monday, March 14, 2011

America's Products - by Yuko

LG전자, 세계 최초 풀(Full) LED 3D TV 출시 photo © 2010 LGEPR | more info (via: Wylio)
America’s products are too simple and not cute. Japan’s products are so cute with a lot of variety. In Japan, products change design frequently. After I came to the U.S. in 1998, I went to the Sprint shop. I asked the worker for a cell phone, and then the worker showed me a huge cell phone. I said, “No, no, I don’t want a house phone. I want to buy a cell phone.” The worker was looking at me strangely. My husband couldn’t stand seeing our conversation. He explained to the worker that I’m not an idiot. We just moved from Japan and they have super tiny cell phones. But, I had no choice; I got a huge ugly cell phone. Of course, I was not happy.

I am always sad when I go shopping. American grocery stores have poor vegetables and fruits. Worse, there is no breed improvement of vegetables and fruits. In Japan, there is always research in the pursuit of fruits and vegetables which taste sweeter and have better shapes.

Now I wonder about TVs. In Japan, there are already 3D TVs. They even have one you can watch without glasses. I hope to get the 3D TV without glasses in America as soon as Japan.

No comments: